Saturday, January 14, 2012

In The Words of Cookie Monster....


COOKIES!!! UMM-NUM-NUM-NUM-NUM!!!


I had a hankering for homemade cookies today.  I don't need to be eating cookies.  Somehow I manage to convince myself that if the cookies are chock full of oats & raisins, they must be kind of, sort of healthy.  Sounds logical, right?

Can I just say, I love my KitchenAid mixer. I've wanted one for years.  Though I have no recollection of ever mentioning this to my mom, apparently I did, as she surprised me with this one for Christmas, a year ago.

See the red mat lying to the left of the mixer?  My niece sent it to me for Christmas this year, along with several other goodies. It's a dish drying mat, and I've been wanting one for a couple of months (and I did't tell her that, either!). It was a surprise and a delight to find it in my bag from her. I told her she's a "gifted gift giver". She always chooses gifts I really like. She said that when she goes shopping, she just buys things she knows she'd like. How clever. Wonder why I never thought of that.

Ahh, now to eat the fruit (so to speak) of my labor. I knew these cookies were going to be good by how tasty the dough was.  I got this recipe from Pinterest, my third home (Facebook being my second).   This recipe made a lot of cookies.  I couldn't, in good conscience, keep that many cookies on hand, for I know where my hand would constantly be....in the cookie jar!  I took about half out and wrapped them up nicely, and asked my son to take them to work with him tomorrow to share with his co-workers.

Isn't this a lovely picture? It's a place in the UK called Scafell Pike. It's the highest mountain in England. While my daughter, Nikki, was living in England, she went with a group that camped and hiked to the top. I have a few more pictures she sent me at that time which I'll share  later. Isn't the scenery  just gorgeous?  I'm pretty sure Nikki's somewhere on that rock bridge in the distance, but you can't quite make her out.

May you have a wonderful weekend. As Joyce Meyer (teacher of God's Word) is always saying, do something to bless someone every day!


I am not moved by what I see-
I am not moved by what I feel-
I am moved by what I believe!
~Smith Wigglesworth
There's nothing like the written Word of God for showing you the way to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.  Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another-showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way.  Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.
~2 Tmothy 3:16 the Message

~




5 comments:

Leslie said...

Those cookies look yuuuuum-O! I got a kitchen aide for Christmas one year from my mom, too. Best. Present. Ever. (Well, almost.)

Bobbie said...

Hi Renna! I just want to say how blessed I am each time I stop by to read your blog! I always leave smiling! These cookies look wonderful, and like you said.. they have to be good for you with all those healthy ingredients. (You think like I do) I actually put in my request for one of those Kitchen Aid mixers. We'll see. Hope you're having a great weekend... oh, and I love the picture of Scafell Pike. Breathtaking!

Paula said...

Okay, it's 11:00 p.m. and I am wanting some of those cookies SO BAD! Thanks a lot. ;)
I love my Kitchen Aid mixer too.... hubby bought it for me the first Christmas we were married and I use it ALL the time.
(Think he was trying to tell me something back then?)
That is a beautiful picture.... I would love to visit there some day and see all the sheep farms!

Karen said...

How do you like the drying mat? I've seen them in stores and I'm tempted to buy one. I don't like have a dish rack on the counter because it takes up too much space and it's a pain to put away when I'm not using it.

I'm enjoying the music on your blog:)

Susy said...

Hey Renna ~ I'm officially following you now. Cookies look yummy, and I use the same logic when I bake them (: I love your quotes and scripture ~ just what I needed. xo